Monday, May 18, 2009

Town ordinance! OMG!


I'm new at this home ownership thing I know. But what I have heard about these town and local ordinance things have turned my stomach! My new home has lost its luster for me, I am so disgusted. The crazy things I was told. I started asking around and it only made it worse. How did things get this way? Am I the crazy one here? Why did people let this happen?

I have got to get to the bottom of this. It can't be this unreasonable. I was mentioning to my older neighbor my plans for the property, replacing decorative bushes with more useful but decorative fruit trees, The dwarf cherry for instance. The dwarf Cherry Shrub has these nice white colored leaves and if trimmed properly, a very appealing bush not to mention functional. The berries can be enjoyed by all, the children, the birds and I can even harvest the seeds and plant them elsewhere. I could plant a few at my moms, She could use them in her yard. I also told the old lady about planting the sunflowers, the raspberries and so on. I told her my kids and the neighbor kids are welcome to the harvesting anytime. It's good for the kids to go out and find and pick their snacks. I send mine out after school they pick what they want for snack or if there's a big harvest, They steal my good Tupperware for the juiciest berries. They bring them in full for mom to make pies, leaving me with usually berry stained containers. Nothing a little bleach can't fix right?

Anyway I was told that my day old chicks that I have ordered from MyPetChicken are against the town ordnance! I asked why and I practically got an adult temper-tantrum from this woman. No farm animals! I'm only allowed cats and dogs nothing else. At this point I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Something about getting run out of my property,blah, blah ,blah...

So in my outraged state I asked around, because in my small town of farm country I think the ordinance building is only open for 3 hours once a month! In my pursuit of the truth I found that a large number of people are disgusted with they re ordinances too. I was told that even in my own home, Inside my very own walls that I own, the town can tell me what I can have in them! I can't have anything but cats or dogs either inside or outside my home on the property or not! Which includes fish, hamster, gerbils etc..etc.. Fully enraged at this point and trying to find a good lawyer, I asked another, and a friend of mine's residence, which she owns as well, she is allowed 2 pets and if she has fish that's all she can have. I mean really. What nonsense is this!

What is the point of owning your home if you have no rights in that home. I was raised be kind to your neighbor, common sense, courtesy, where did this all go? My neighbors can own 20 cats load rottweilers and yappy terriers that don't ever stop barking and this is OK. In my quest for the truth things just got worse. I'm ready to move. I can't find out how to fight these problems and the older people seem brainwashed in these matters, which is all the more confusing they should welcome this lifestyle. I mean at least fish come on! My house came with a rat a few spiders and I did see some ants at the time of purchase. I wonder if she'll run me out over a Pre-existing condition!

More sensibly now that I have ranted, I think I understand the fears and worries about the chickens. But these worries have been mislead. hens are really not that noisy, It's that Rooster! but I won't go back into that. If its the poo. I have that covered and my garden eagerly awaits. This is all common sense stuff, again back to be kind to thy neighbor.... Has everyone forgot?
I don't want to upset I want my family and my neighbors to be happy. This I think boils down to a lack of education and these older individuals that I won't be naming, being stuck and stubborn. Even the retired man that served numerous years in the military seams to corrupted. I just can't imagine giving your life body and soul to this country fighting for everyones right for freedom and happiness to so bluntly give them all up.

I want to practice a more wholesome lifestyle and pass it down to my children and grandchildren. For their future and their descendants if not the actual place but the knowledge the experiences, the family moments that bond us all. The good times that we all occasionally think back to. That special time when even the bad that one moment was perfect.

If more and more people try turning more to the old ways even in any small way this world might be a better place. I know the go, go, go lifestyle don't leave much time for much, but that's where the problems lie. Both parents have to work, have to pay for the sitter, the parents have to work more, prices go up.... the spiral continues. Before long the family don't get to each other. What about the kids? Years ago there was love in what people did or made. There was pride in everything. Now I'm not saying back then was perfect..Oh No. but, we where on to something. This world has made it hard to slow down, almost impossible but damn it I'm gonna try!

No comments: