Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kicking Back

Hi everyone.
I'm having a slow day today.

I'm going to be off work for a while thanks to an injury so I thought I'd enjoy myself today. It was rather nice. It's been so long since I did NOTHING! I spent time with my children , we watched movies and played. I made a pitcher of sun tea and tuna sandwiches. I didn't run myself ragged or overwork myself, I took it slow and easy. Me and the kids even slept in today. I really did spoiled myself today.

We feed the Venus fly trap today. The kids had a blast looking for bugs. They caught all kinds of interesting insects. A Venus fly trap "buffet" of sorts. I think I seen an earwig in the mix. There was so much excitement and laughter, both kids in the dirt and chasing bugs! It's things like this I miss. It's things like this we all miss. Even when I slow things down, I still don't get this much enjoyment in the good things in life. I may have stopped and took a break, but my mind is still racing about the 50 million things left to be done, the bills, meal planning, car maintenance that life still gets missed. It seems like the only things that happen slow is the bad things. Like my injury for example. We were moving our new couch into the house and we had to reposition it to get into the door. One thing led to another and the bracket on the side of our new sectional corner couch, cracked me in my knee cap. (My BAD knee of course.) Now the actual event, didn't take no more than a few seconds, but I swear it lasted forever for me! Like it was a slow motion event.
I'm going to take it easy for a while till I recover, so while I have this time I'm going to make the best of it. I'm going to relax.Well that's all for today. I think I'll turn in for the night..... Why not.....Right?

No comments: